Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Long Day is Over

What a long day... can hear Norah Jones singing "The Long Day Is Over" in my head :P

Time now 8.45pm. Suddenly I remembered what Mary from The Bachelor 3 said, "Even if the relationship is over and you move on; the love for the person remains; it never goes away".

In retrospect, I agree with her... there has never been a point in my life where I stop loving the people whom crossed path with me. Perhaps the degree and the nature of love differs with time... shall we call it affection? Yes, affection remains. The lyrics by Dido (White Flag) rings true.

As human beings, we have moments of weakness (no one is perfect yeah?); sometimes it scares us to retrace our steps and reflect on what we did wrong or even to swallow some pride and say "I've messed up" (sometimes we rather carry that pride with us and not say what we meant to say). To me so long as I remain true to what ultimately makes me happy and at peace.

I guess life is too short for us to play games or to please others above ourselves. Like what Dido said "Nothing I have is truly mine" from her "Life for Rent" song (very profound but true). Life on earth is a temporary destination. Don't catch the drift? Oh well, one day, just one day we will all find a place we can call "Home" - a resting place for our heart and soul.

White Flag
I know you think that I shouldn't still love you
Or tell you that
But if I didn't say it
Well, I'd still have felt it
Where's the sense in that?
 
I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were
But I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be
 
I know I left too much mess
And destruction to come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again
And if you live by the rules of It's over
Then I'm sure that that makes sense
 
But I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be
 
And when we meet
Which I'm sure we will
All I was then
Will be there still
I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on
 
I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

No comments: